Lead Barista (Supervisor)
Our debut Concept Shop is a 4,000 sq. ft. space in the heart of central Bristol, accommodating our local team’s office, a cutting-edge studio equipped with a d&b audiotechnik 360 soundscape system – the very first permanent installation in the world – as well as a high-end coffee bar. Since its launch, it has rapidly become a destination for speciality coffee, live experiences, and a hub for the local creative community.
Hours of work
dependent on experience.
Perks / Benefits
A bit about the role
Are you a skilled barista ready to take on a leadership role within our team of baristas? We are hiring a Lead Barista (Supervisor) with a genuine love for speciality coffee, keen to do a great job, and provide our customers with exceptional service in an efficient, professional and friendly manner.
As a lead, you will be responsible for guiding and assisting other baristas in their daily tasks, providing training and feedback, and ensuring that the overall coffee operation runs smoothly and up to our high standards. We are looking for a person who wants to be involved in a young progressive company, committed to excellence and looking to grow.
Responsibilities & Duties
Supporting the coffee operation ensuring the following:
– Preparing and serving coffee (& other beverages and food) to a high standard.
– Consistency of product.
– Training the barista team in coffee skills and technique.
– Training the wider hospitality team on guest filters and retail items.
– Providing cupping/tasting sessions for the team.
– Identifying areas for improvement and wastage control.
– Supporting the creation and implementation of new, seasonal drinks.
– Setting recipes for new filters & espressos and communicating these with the barista team.
– Help establishing and maintaining meaningful ties with local and international roasteries.
– Ordering stock [Coffees – Espresso, Filter, Frozen menu], ensuring adequate par levels are maintained.
– Coffee retail: maintain the section clean and tidy, following FIFO and retail shelf life.
– Motivating their team and colleagues, encouraging a passion for coffee and exceptional customer service.
– Assist in the management of day to day operation and ensure the smooth running of the shift.
– Provide exemplary customer service.
– Ensuring the working environment is always clean and tidy.
– Work at all times in accordance with current food safety legislation and safe working practices including HACCP and in-house allergen procedures and make sure the team follows the same.
– Monitor ingredient & prep levels throughout service.
– Ensure daily and weekly cleaning checklists within the coffee section are completed.
– Contribute to a positive working environment by maintaining good working relationships with colleagues.
– Attend and contribute to team meetings.
– Assist with the hire of a team of Baristas aspiring to grow in the company.
– Accurately fill in end of the day reports and inventory counts.
If this sounds like you, please send an email to introduce yourself to [email protected] or apply below.
We look forward to hearing from you!